Saturday, August 17, 2013

Week 1: The MTC is awesome

 Hi everyone.
 
I'm here to tell you exactly how much I have changed over the course of this week. I sent you a letter about this as well. Did laundry today and MTC PDays are on Saturday so expect mail then. I love you so much!! I have a companion named Elder noble who is so kind and patient with all my faults. I am grateful for him and all that he does for me.
 The MTC is awesome. I have grown so much spiritually in only a few days. It is true what it says in the scriptures that we are not here to be taught, but to teach. Our teacher is Father in Heaven and we have all received revelation from him. We got an investigator named Mike. I love him so much. He helps me learn to have charity
and love others. We had the opportunity to talk to Heavenly Father and learn what his goals are for Mike to learn.
 
It was extremely powerful. I TALKED WITH GOD AND HE ANSWERED ME AND IT WAS EASY. It didn't feel wierd or powerful, but it felt natural like I had been doing it before many times. I know that God loves his children and wants us to return to him. This is the Doctrine of Christ: to be put on the path to eternal life with our families. As I prayed to God our wills became one and I was able to see Mike as God saw him. It's too awesome to put into words, but it was the best experience of my life. I go to my father often now. As we taught Mike, I felt the spirit working through me to reach out to Mike. I know he felt it. I also felt calm. He asked us several questions, but I don't really remember them. All I remember is that they were very deep and impossible to answer by ourselves. It wasn't us in there with Mike. It was Christ answering all his questions. I know this and am very grateful that I am not doing this alone.
 
 How's everyone doing? I hope you get this email because I guessed at the address. I trust in God though to get it to you. I love you and miss you.
 
Hope everyone is safe and having fun.
 
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment