Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 9: Now you can do it


So, I've really come to see what a blessing it is to be separated or "set apart" from the world to be able to be spiritually minded 24/7 for 2 years. It's Wonderful! (Exclamation point). Yes we did get to watch conference and it was the best I've ever had. I liked Elder Ballard's talk about missionary work. I also got to see Adrian Ochoa speak again since when he came to Blackfoot with Elder Nelson. I won't forget to "Look up!"

On Tuesday we did service for the library doing my old time favorite crushing boxes. I was grateful that for that short time period I was able to have a box cutter again.

We're trying to update and organize the area book so that when Elder Paskett leaves I will still know where people are that aren't in the area book yet from when Elder Parrish was here. It's going great.

So I must be working hard because my pants tore open on the seam, but I was able to sew it shut with the help of the advice from the cook book and also from Heavenly Father's help. It looks as good as new. I likened this to repentance. When we sin we tear open a spiritual gap between us and our Father in Heaven. It is only through the healing power of the Atonement. (Needle and thread) that we are able to be healed spiritually and close the gap between us and Heavenly Father.

Elder Persher has replaced Elder Cannon as Elder Young's companion. We don't see each other often because of the large area, but we do have a nightly call to become more unified as a district.

riday was very rainy. The most rain all the time that I have ever been in and I was also outside for most of it. I also learned that a lot of people are envious of the commitment we have to living our religion. We explained why and wanted people to accept commitments to read the Book of Mormon, but Russ said no. Had chili for dinner with the Guests and also made hot chocolate to warm us up after the cold rain. The jackets work really well in keeping us warm and dry.

Conference this year seemed really short and I wanted it to be longer. It seemed like the talks were very short. I think it’s because in comparison, we've been talking about the gospel all day every day for a while now. Found out I've lost 10 pounds since being here. I loved Elder Uchtdorf's talk on skiing. Now you can do it.

Not much else has happened this week because it’s been a busy homecoming weekend for everyone and also with their fall carnival. As it gets colder, we have less success on the reservations, but more success here because people are nice and let us in. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

Guests: doing well. Angelic is still praying for a baptismal date and Brother Guest is becoming more open as we involve him more

Mary-Joe: She is letting us meet with her again because her medicine for depression is starting to work. She is getting much better than just a month ago and wants to learn more.

Jerry: is going back and forth on progressing and not progressing. We are following up each day to help with this and also helping members to fellowship him so he has more motivation besides us as missionaries who only stay in the area for a short period of time.

Other than that, we haven't been able to see anyone else, but we have set up to see many people this week. We also have many new investigators who are really interested.

I love you all

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment