Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 13: Her mom was laughing as she saw us pull the pumpkins out of the car.


The Guests are doing well. Angelic is down to an average of 1 and a half cigarettes per day. (I don't know what the half means, but it must be not smoking an entire cigarette).

 I watched the 100 years of scouting broadcast with Elder Paskett. It was interesting. I thought it would have been fun repelling down from the catwalk like some of the scouts did. I also didn't expect the applause, but since it was a multi-religious thing I guess it is normal. I really liked the song about mom getting her Eagle. That was right. Exactly right. I wouldn't have got it without her.

Meet with the Barth family. We invited them to invite their friends to a pumpkin carving activity. We said we'd get the 3 pumpkins if she would invite them. We got the pumpkins, came back, and enjoyed the stunned look on her face. Her mom was laughing as she saw us pull the pumpkins out of the car. It succeeded in getting people to young men’s and women's mutual.

President Anderson has said that he would like us to start going on splits with ward members to help with home teaching and visiting less active members. Haven't done it yet, but the home teaching assignments are finalized. It should be soon that we do so. It'll be a first for me. I never went on splits with the missionaries, and now it's weird to think that I will be doing so in the opposite way. I'm the missionary and others are coming with me. It'll be exciting.

For Halloween, we thought about carving a pumpkin with President Monson's face on it, but didn't get the time to do so. The best pumpkin I saw was painted by the Barth's daughter. She painted a minion from despicable me. It made me laugh and looks just like one.

We also are trying to figure out how to help with the boy scouts, but we don't want to fill out any applications especially since we won't always be here in Chamberlain.

It's been interesting this week. Valentine Nebraska Elders ran into some Anti-Mormon literature. We have been reading it and finding answers to their attacks on our religion. It has strengthened my testimony knowing that there are no real attacks made, against the church, that can't be answered in scripture to the truth of the Restoration.

Sunday was the best. We taught Jerry and he cried as he prayed at the end for a dear friend of his. The spirit was very strong there. We were also able to testify of Heavenly Father's love for each and every one of us to Patricia. She feels a lot of what we are saying and teaching her is true. We plan to invite her to be baptized next time we see her. Jerry told us that he felt that he needed to go to our church; the answer came to him that day when he missed it. He also said that he was looking forward to being baptized because he knew it was God's will for him to do so.

It's been a great week and we plan to go bowling later tonight. It will be very fun, a great time to relax before we get to work again.

I love you all

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment