Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 26: I'M BEING TRANSFERED TO BAGLEY MINNESOTA!


To start off...I'M BEING TRANSFERED TO BAGLEY MINNESOTA!  I'm super excited, but it will also be very hard to leave this area and all the great people that I've met. The branch members have been great and I will definitely have to come back and visit them again or keep in contact with email at the very least. I got the call while we were at the hospital going through orientation for new volunteers. I was able to help with bingo at the nursing home today at least before I leave on Tuesday. I am going to miss Elder Jacobs. We have become very great friends.

I made Jell-O for the first time this week. It ended up really well, but I don't think I should have made as much as I did. I made 12 cups of it. We were thinking about using it at the baptism but it froze in the fridge so we had to keep it for ourselves. I also made some pie crust and used pudding for the filling. It was banana cream pudding with a twist: I used chocolate almond milk so it looked like chocolate pie and was really banana pie. This was a little surprising to Elder Jacobs and me because we were expecting it to be very chocolaty. We also travelled to Winner to have Michele's baptismal interview done.

I also made banana bread for the first time. On Thursday it snowed again a small amount, just enough to cover something very nasty and very surprising, BLACK ICE. It was over everything. I have never experienced the effects of freezing rain because we just don't get that type of weather in Idaho. It was icy everywhere. I must have fallen down at least 5 times. It was even on the curbs where I expected the yellow of the curb to be free of ice. It wasn't. The ice was so clear I didn't even see it until I slipped. Luckily I had no injuries just a bunch of laughs.

The highlight of the week was Jerry's baptism. This also happens to be the highlight of my mission. Sophie Felicia sang a song in the middle that had everyone in tears. Sheri, Jerry's ex-wife was in tears throughout the whole service as she felt the spirit of her daughter and Jerry's baptism. She will hopefully begin to be taught about the Restored Gospel very soon.

Jerry's confirmation went great. After it he bore testimony and thanked his second family, the branch, for supporting him and helping him receive the Gospel. It was very powerful. We taught the lesson last minute on the Plan of Salvation and it went really well. Jerry participated by comparing Glory to happiness. This was something I have never thought of before. We will be very happy and at peace in the Celestial glory.

I've loved serving here in Chamberlain and now I get a new experience in Bagley. I'm excited and I know the Lord will help me.

With lots of love

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment