Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 31: There are 2 parts to the Atonement or the Grace of Christ.


This week I learned that Canadian Quarters don't work in laundry machines.  We went to the bank to get quarters and one of them was a Canadian one.  Funny story to tell I guess.

Much about me has changed.  I recently looked back on some of the things that I was doing in High school and before my mission and am wondering why I ever would do such a thing.  I am glad that my focus and my desires are becoming more Christ like.  I still have a long ways to go yet, but I am starting to realize the true purpose of life.  That is to progress to become like Christ.  I have learned a lot.  We all have weaknesses, but that shouldn't stop us from working at them constantly and consistently to rely on Christ and become better.  I use Christ's Atonement every day to help overcome weaknesses and bring others truth.

There are 2 parts to the Atonement or the Grace of Christ.  The forgiveness of sins and Strengthening and enabling power.  Christ gives us strength when all other sources cease to be a comfort.  He helps us all the way, not just when we think we need it.  This has helped me a lot to overcome any problem that comes.  There still are a lot, but they are less of a burden and more of an opportunity to learn.

We've been teaching Sister Ose temple preparation class so that she can go to the temple more prepared.  She is excited to go and we are glad she is so willing to do so.

We have a new investigator named Marie Hagen who has agreed to be baptized.  She has come to Church twice and really enjoys it.  She is really prepared to receive the Gospel.

Friday was Zone Training Meeting.  It was a little different because it was the same amount of people as Zone Conferences.  Previously in my mission, we only had multi zone conferences because the Pierre Zone was so small (8 sets of missionaries).  We traveled and had Zone conferences in Rapid City.  Here though, we just traveled to Fargo and there was only one Zone.  So Zone Training Meeting was just the same size as the Conference.  It was very enlightening and has helped us in preparing for how to teach people and find people to teach.

On Saturday we ran into someone who was able to tell us the exact date he was saved.  It was interesting.  He asked us when we were saved by accepting Christ as our personal savior and we replied "Everyday".  It was interesting that he wanted an exact date from us.  Afterwards Elder Smith told me he was thinking about telling the guy the day he was baptized.

It's been a great week.  I love each and every one of you.

 

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment