Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Week 33: Elder Smith burned his 6 month tie on Tuesday!


Monday was St. Patrick’s Day and of course being missionaries we all forgot that it was and forgot to wear green. In fact, we didn't even remember until I got a picture from Dad with his hair dyed green. So of course we all got pinched after that. We also washed the car and it looked brand new! I can't really explain it, but there is a lot of salt here that gets everywhere. I think they know about it in Utah, but not in Idaho. Oh, and the winters here are a lot longer than in Utah. Woke up on the first day of spring to a beautiful day of 35 degrees!! And no wind! I was thinking about wearing a short sleeve shirt. There were people walking around in shorts and t-shirts. It was nice. Then we went to bed and woke up to 0 degree weather and a 1/2 foot of snow covering everything. Yeah spring lasted about a day and now it's almost April and looks like it did when I got here in February, only less snow and warmer (0-15 degrees).

We taught Mia the 15 step stop smoking lesson which she will start tomorrow after we meet with her tonight to review and give her the supplies. It involves mouthwash, vitamin c, and grapefruit juice. Oh, and of course prayer. We also helped President Niswander move a 400 pound commercial kitchen hood from one trailer to another so he could take it to Fargo and install it in a restaurant kitchen he is helping to construct. It is called Five Dragons and Slapshot Pizza. It is located in Fargo and serves pizza and Chinese food, interesting combo. I want to go there sometime.

Elder Smith burned his 6 month tie on Tuesday with the new Elders Elder Walker and Elder Wilde. I know both of them and they both came out into the field with me from the MTC. Today will be our first P-day with them which is very exciting. Don't know exactly what we are doing yet though...

President Sparhawk asked us to give talks on Sunday while we were at Seminary on Wednesday. Elder Smith spoke on Reverence and I spoke on judging others. My assigned subject was inspired for me: Judging others. I needed this lesson in my life. I learned that on a mission we are working on weaknesses we never even knew we had. They are there, we just aren't aware of them. In this way have I seen the promise in Ether 12:27 come alive. I unfortunately have done a lot of judging--Including myself. This is something I am working on.

Quin, Mia's soon to be husband, is warming up to us. Before, he would do everything he could to find an excuse to not meet with us, but now he is casually talking with us and even came into the church and talked with other members (although he didn't attend). I am grateful that the Lord is softening his heart.

So we also had dinner with the Osmonsons and when it was over we had to get Hunter's (16) jeep unstuck out of the snow. The result was a ride "Off-roading" in a blazer. We drove up snowbanks and tried to climb them as much as possible without getting stuck. The result was having to be pulled out 4 times. We weren't driving, Brother Osmonson and Hunter were. It was a lot of fun. This was also while Elder Smith did laundry at their house so we wouldn't have to pay for it.

As always I love you. I look forward to emailing because it helps me to share my experiences and insights I receive from the Lord to help others who are reading this. Thanks for all your prayers, support, and all that you do.

 

With love,

Elder Davis

 

No comments:

Post a Comment