Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Week 67: It's been another great week here on the mission.

It's been another great week here on the mission. We have had a lot of miracles and I am grateful for them. I am especially grateful for the first family that we are teaching on my mission, The Middleton family. They are all listening and all seem to enjoy meeting with us and are searching for the exact answers that the Gospel can answer for them.

Jennifer Middleton was very interested with the idea of the three kingdoms. So we taught her the Plan of Salvation. She said the Pre-earth life makes sense because matter can neither be created nor destroyed so we had to have come from somewhere. We also taught her why there are three kingdoms. Because God will place us where we are comfortable going and we would be more miserable to dwell with God in a state of filthiness than we would be to go elsewhere (Mormon 9:4) and showed here where in the Bible it talks about the third heaven and also the different kingdoms.
After that lesson we had exchanges with the Spanish Elders. Elder Newman went with Elder Juglar and I stayed in our area with Elder Abarca. Elder Abarca is from Costa Rica and it was great serving with him for the short time that we did. He has a strong testimony and his English skills are really good for only having been out for three months learning English. We had fun and taught several great lessons. One of the great things that seem to keep happening here is running into people who need help carrying things into their homes. They then invite us back to share our testimonies with them. We ran into someone like this while walking back to the apartment to be picked up by Brother Atkinson to go teaching with us. I learned a lot from Elder Abarca and enjoyed being with him.
Thursday night we were able to teach Mosely with his wife Jennifer. It was a very powerful Restoration lesson and it boosted my confidence that people are searching for the truths of the Restoration and also that there are people prepared to receive the Gospel. Mosely has been in several churches and wondered why each has a different interpretation. So it was great sharing the Restoration with him because it addresses those very concerns.
Friday we had a great Zone Training meeting on remembering our duty and the blessings that come from missionary work. We received great counsel on how to deal with the challenges that are facing the work in this section of the mission. Afterwards we were able to get in contact with a deaf couple that we are planning on seeing later in the month. They are really busy right now, but were very excited when we gave them an articles of faith card and they saw we believed in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.
I received great insight this week as we were talking with the Rummel family about the importance of the sacrament. My mind went back to how we blessed the sacrament each week in Bagley and how much of a blessing it was to participate in administering that sacred ordinance. I love doing so and am thankful that I had the opportunity to do it often. It is the most important reason we come to church. That is one of the many reasons I love the Clearbrook branch so much. I got the opportunity to serve everyone each week by participating in the Sacrament.
We also grilled Bratwurst on Saturday for lunch. It was great because the weather had warmed up enough to do. They were delicious!
I'm so grateful for the Gospel. One of the greatest blessings I have learned from my mission is how to rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ to work through weaknesses. Weaknesses I didn't even know I had. I am grateful for His supporting hand in my life. There are many discouragements, but every time I have sought His help, He has been there to support me if I am humble enough to accept His help and know that I can do nothing of myself, but that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I love serving the Lord. I know it is the best thing that I can do in life. I know that He can make great things from each of us and that we can learn from our mistakes and use our experiences to bless the lives of others.
With love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment