Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Week 71: Each time I turn to Him, I feel the peace that His Atonement brings.

Monday was great! We went to Jump Craze. It's a trampoline park here in Casper that is a lot like I-jump in Idaho Falls. Although we only jumped for an hour it was very good physical exercise.

We got back in with Ashley and Ben. We decided to read 3 Nephi 11 with them. They had a great experience and Ben actually told us he has never been baptized but wants to do so.
We helped the Turman family get into the spirit of Christmas by showing them the "He is the Gift" video. It is a great video. Each time I share it the spirit enters the room very powerfully and very quickly. Even when we have people watch it on their smartphones and we can't see the video or read the words that are displayed throughout it, the spirit continues to touch us. It is very powerful. Many people are willing to listen to the message because it is about Christmas. It is an easy way to show things to people and introduce them to the Gospel because it is non-threatening.
In our mission people have even shared it with ministers who have delighted in the video and have been eager to share it with their congregations. There are amazing success stories shown with it.

On Sunday I tried a new practice during the sacrament that was recommended in the Ensign. I thought of ways that I could remember Christ better throughout the week. As I have tried to always remember Christ, my ability to resist temptation has increased. The thought of our Redeemer promptly pushes out negativity from Satan. I have had more power to testify of His love for all of us and have felt that love more powerfully. Each time I turn to Him, I feel the peace that His Atonement brings. It is wonderful! As families, we should do the same thing. Think of ways to keep Christ centered in our lives throughout the week.


It finally snowed this week on Sunday. It kept snowing all day Sunday and throughout the night until this morning. It looks beautiful here with all the pure white snow. It reminds me of how beautiful our lives can be as we look to Christ our Savior and allow Him to purify and perfect us. That's just one example of the many ways I picture Christ and remember Him. There is always going to be a lot of snow during this season so I get to see the snow and the purity each day as we go out to work.
I also have an opportunity to remember Christ often because of the many prayers which we give each day, Morning, Evening, before meals, in lessons, before and after studies. Each time we pray, we pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Doing so gives us an opportunity to reflect on what he has done for us.

Scripture study each day helps as well so there is at least one time during the day where we learn about Christ and His attributes. That is one of the main purposes we should daily study the Scriptures. So that at least daily we seek Christ. It is amazing that out of the 239 chapters in the Book of Mormon 233 mention Christ Got that from the Ensign as well, Elder L. Tom Perry talks about ways to strengthen our faith in Christ.
There are many more ways I am seeking to constantly remember Him. There are also many ways you can as well. Discuss ways to do so in your families. I can promise that as you do so, your appreciation for and understanding of the Atonement of Christ will increase. There will be greater protection from Satan and an overall happier atmosphere in your homes.

I'm always grateful for the chance I get to share with you how my week has gone and the things that I continually learn. I'm looking forward to hearing from you about your experiences as well as you share the Gift of Christ with others. Remember that the best way to do so is in our own lives as we set the example for others.

With love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment