Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 92: My new companion is Elder Barney

This week has been crazy. The best part was being able to go to the temple again and experience the great peace that was there. We were in Billings for an orientation on Tuesday and we went Wednesday morning to the Billings Montana temple. This new mission is awesome! I enjoy very well my new area of Kalispell Montana. It is very beautiful and there are many people here who are prepared to receive the restored gospel. We run into at least 3 people every day that accept the opportunity to hear our message. It really helps having iPads to show powerful videos and it makes it more nonthreatening for them.

My new companion is Elder Barney. He is from Rexburg Idaho. He has 1 month left on his mission. He has served in 4 missions. He was called to Ukraine. He served in two missions there on account of the political situation. Then they pulled him out completely and reassigned him here. He also visa waited in Georgia. He is a great Elder and I am learning a lot from him about the new mission and how to use iPads.

We cover 2 wards here in Kalispell. The 1st and 3rd Ward. The zone leaders serve here as well in the ysa branch and the 2nd Ward. We have fun here on preparation days by hiking and playing basketball etcetera. There is also glacier national park near here we plan on going to next week. It is different because there are no paper planners. Everything is in the online iPad app. It really helps in finding people and looking at there records anytime we need it. I am learning very quickly and am excited to keep learning.


This area is very religious and as a result many people are searching for the truth. It has been great following spiritual promptings. We have 2 people who are going to be baptized this Saturday. One of them, Sage Wilson, bore her testimony on Sunday. We have also had very spiritual lessons using the resources the lord has given to us. One time as we were riding, we felt inspired to share a video at a random door. The video was very clearly supposed to be for the Mom because they loved it and wanted a return appointment. We also have had several experiences stopping people who are walking and showing a 2 minute video followed by discussion on the gospel.

President Mecham is very inspiring and helping us reach our full potential. He has a great testimony. We also had a great testimony meeting that first night in the mission home. There are many teaching opportunities arising and I feel that I am definitely needed here in Kalispell and that the lord has called me to serve here.  My birthday went really well. We went to dinner with the zone leaders and they surprised me by asking the waiters to sing to me and bring out a free Mexican dessert. Got me good because I didn't know that they knew. I am really excited to be here. The best present for my birthday was the feeling I get from serving the lord to the fullest potential I can. As a result he blessed us with many teaching opportunities and new people. I am excited for the future and for the continued guidance from the spirit.

With love,
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment